Monday, September 16, 2013

Day 22

Posted by 雯雯 at 10:40 PM
The weekend came and went. I had grand plans of studying and training and reading, but of course did none of it. Since most everybody was out, the few of us who remained practically had the dorm to ourselves. Instead of being productive, I spent Friday evening and Saturday playing games and watching Harry Potter movies with Doll Girl, Game of Thrones guy and a few others.

On Sunday, Red Cross and I sat on my bed all day watching a Chinese soap opera and drinking frighteningly large amounts of tea. I had mentioned to her the first week, when we were talking about "embarrassing hobbies" that I enjoyed Chinese soap operas, and she insisted that we watch some later that year. Her brother knows everything, she says, and so she had him suggest a series. He suggested one which I have already watched, but it's a good one so I didn't mind at all. At first Red Cross had been completely ready to watch the most horrible, cheesy soap we could find, so I'm very pleased we didn't in the end!

Since Doll Girl and I finished Hannibal, we didn't really feel like we could write names from that series on our next lunches. Instead, since we watched Harry Potter, she suggested we take names from there. Today I remembered, and wrote N. Longbottom on mine, but she forgot, of course. Luckily, my lunch wasn't completely alone in the basket. There was a "Harry Potter" and "Cinderella" there too.

Speaking of lunch, today the China class was done first and was first to the lunch area. They usually set out fruits and some drinks, plus the packed lunches, and today there was finally enough fruit for us too. Often, there won't be any left by the time we're done with our training. While I was collecting some slices of watermelon, Anime pointed out some boxes in the hall. They were filled with shoes and clothes, and labelled with "If you find something of interest, feel free to help yourself!"
This isn't the first time they've done this - two weeks back or so, several boxes with the same label appeared in the hall filled with CDs. The school was founded in the late 60s, I think, so it's only natural that they have many things left behind, clothes, CDs, equipment.. that they don't know what to do with. I couldn't resist when they put the CDs out, and collected a whole bunch of different music. Today was no different, but I tried to restrain myself. I found some sturdy-looking mountain shoes that fit me nicely, which means I have something to wear for horse riding lessons now that isn't my running shoes. Woo! I resisted trying to find a pair of wellies, and going through the box with jackets and sweaters.. A pair of mountain shoes is more than good enough.

16.09.2013

0 comments:

 

~ sponge ~ Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei