Tuesday, August 25, 2009

About this heat...

Posted by 雯雯 at 4:49 PM
... seriously, I love it, but I just can't seem to shake the feeling that I've pissed myself o_o
I'm hoping it goes away soonish. *cough*

Enough strange talk, let's see what's new... Well, today the Cantonese lessons started, it was very interesting, of course. After those, Angel (my host sister), Marco (my "first friend", an AFS returnee who is helping out with stuff here) + Angel's friend Tracy, a Swiss AFSer (Raphael), his first friend and some other AFS people went for a nice lunch at a Tea House (茶餐廳 ;3). I got beef and tomato and rice, + iced chocolate milk, everything for 34 Hong Kong dollars hihi. This tea house was an interesting experience. Firstly, everything was in Chinese, so whoever says that you don't need to know it to live in Hong Kong is lying. Secondly, you get glasses with liquid to clean your eating cutlery stuff with (chopsticks and such), and I'll give you a sec to guess what liquid it is....
oki enough guessing, it's tea actually o_O
I got some tourist photos and such, before we left (see them on facebook <3) style="text-align: center;">I think I saw someone drink out of one of these actually

wut?

After the tea house, we took the MTR (google it!) to (I think it was) Mong Kok to set up a bank account for me and Raphael, a Swiss AFSer. We had to wait before we could do that though, so in the meanwhile we went to a gaming place. We're not talking handheld gaming, we are not talking gambling gaming. We're talking "hit the punching ball thing as hard as you can", which we did. We also threw basket hoops, and we rounded everything up with taking some purikura photos (yes, lots of Japanese stuff here in Hong Kong). I swear the booth made me look even whiter than I am. You can't even see the difference between my skin and the white in my eyes o: We were, of course, a little late back to the bank, but no trouble there. We finished up the account business quickly (I even got a children's account haha), and then we took a taxi to a biiiiiiig shopping mall full of expensive stores, to watch a movie :>

The movie was G.I. Joe, and we bought some Salt and Vinegar potato chips from a supermarket (lovely vinegar'y), popcorn (very sweet :o) and soft drinks (THEY HAD FANTA). The movie was very adequate, with a lovely amount of action and pew pews.

Sweet popcorn; literally

*yawn*
I'm tired now, so I'm going to bed
muhuh

gnight

3 comments:

Solveig said...

Hong Kong høres helt utrolig ut ;D Litt skummelt med temperaturen, men du blir vel vandt til det :) Ser du forskjell på Japanerne, eller er alle like ? <33

Elysia on August 26, 2009 at 12:36 AM said...

muuuuuuu glad you had a good day - do you know how jealous I am?! and those glasses look crazy!!

雯雯 on August 26, 2009 at 9:53 AM said...

@ Solveig
Jeg ser egentlig ingen forskjell på folk her, annet enn at noen helt klart er fra Filipinene (da er de hushjelper lolol)

@ Ely
Those glasses are scary. I would never use my chopsticks after washing them there.
o_O

 

~ sponge ~ Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei